• I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.
• I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
• If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.
• There was never a good war or a bad peace.
• Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.
• Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
• Force always attracts men of low morality.
• I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
• Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in the opposite direction.
Martin Luther King
• Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
• Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
• Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
• A riot is the language of the unheard.
• Truth never damages a cause that is just.
• An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
• I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
• Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Sir Winston Churchill
• Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
• Truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it; but, in the end; there it is.
• If you go on with this nuclear arms race, all you are going to do is make the rubble bounce.
John F. Kennedy
• Compromise does not mean cowardice
• Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
• Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
• If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.
• We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
• You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.